Small Business Success Awards Presented by Truist
- The business must be physically located in Spartanburg County.
- The business must have less than fifty (50) full-time employees (FTE).
- Staying Power: Shows a history as an established business in Spartanburg County through time and community engagement.
- Company Growth: Shows positive growth trends in revenues and workforce.
- Innovation: Demonstrates creativity and imagination in business expansion and future planning.
- Involvement: Active as a civic partner, both as an organization and by encouraging employees to be engaged citizens.
- Response to Adversity: Facing challenges and overcoming obstacles with ingenuity, optimism and hard work.
- Nominees will be brought before the Small Business Council on the 4th Wednesday of each month. Each nominee will be evaluated based on the criteria above. Closing the discussion, council will approve, deny, or request further information. If further information is requested, program director or award chair will contact business owner directly.
SMALL BUSINESS SUCCESS:
Amy Zimmer, owner of Pink on Main-A Lilly Pulitzer Store, has made a home in Spartanburg, both for herself and her business. One of Downtown Spartanburg SC's most eye-catching storefronts, Pink on Main has been a popular spot for fashionistas looking for that a pop of color. This year, though, Pink on Main used those eye-catching Lily Pulitzer designs to create masks for health care workers, using 100% recycled cotton clothing to help fill a need in the community. For their sustained popularity, their investment in downtown, and their commitment to our community’s health this year, we are proud to name Pink on Main the latest winner of the Small Business Success Award, presented by Truist Financial (formerly SunTrust).
A.F. Rodgers, owner of Jersey Mike's Subs, is a Spartanburg native, having been a teacher and coach in Spartanburg School District 7. Now, he and his team at Jersey Mike's serve up freshly-made sandwiches while giving back to the community. Rodgers and his team participated in Jersey Mike's partnership with Feeding America that has provided more than 21 million meals during the COVID-19 pandemic. A.F. Rodgers believes in Spartanburg, and his business backs it up. We're proud to recognize Jersey Mike's Subs on the East Side of Spartanburg as our newest winner of the Small Business Success Award presented by SunTrust.
Health in Hand recently celebrated five years in Downtown Spartanburg, originally opening its doors after owner Emily Vargo won the City’s Main Street Challenge. The fresh juice and smoothie bar offers Spartanburg diners a healthy, vegan option from a zero-waste facility. Continually innovative, Health in Hand offers easy mobile-ordering and curb-side pickup, so there's no need to wait to join us in supporting our latest Small Business Success Award winner.
Exceptional Child Academy LLC owner Ashley Wilkins wanted to provide a quality education for children who, like her, were born and raised in Spartanburg. Exceptional Child Academy's child-first model provides access to early-childhood education at an affordable price for local families. We're proud to name Exceptional Child Academy our latest winner of the Small Business Success Award.
Lauren Rogers, founder of IB Industries, LLC was recognized for starting a business to combine a passion for real estate development and an entrepreneurial spirit. Rogers was trained through the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s construction training, a program in partnership with OneSpartanburg, the City of Spartanburg and other organizations. For her success and hard work, Rogers was named the Chamber’s 2019 Minority-Owned Business Person of the Year.
Palmetto Vermiculite provides exfoliated vermiculite, a natural mineral found in South Carolina, for construction, horticultural and manufacturing industries, all of which are important to Spartanburg County’s economy. Palmetto Vermiculite provides customizable options for its customers, so every project has its fit. We congratulate Palmetto Vermiculite on being named a Small Business Success Award winner.
Smith Animal Hospital, P.A. has been serving the four-legged friends of Spartanburg since it opened in 1946. Over time, a lot has changed in veterinary medicine, but Smith Animal Hospital’s commitment to treating pets like a member of the family hasn’t. For their decades of quality service from their Asheville Highway location, we’re proud to name Smith Animal Hospital the latest winner of the Small Business Success Award sponsored by SunTrust.