UPDATE: We are committed to ensuring public health, and protecting the safety of our upcoming, 41st class of future leaders. The next class of Leadership Spartanburg will likely look a little different, but the impact of Leadership Spartanburg will remain the same.
Purpose & Objectives
It’s a great time to live, work and play in Spartanburg, and Leadership Spartanburg gives you a hand in shaping our community’s future.
Is Leadership Spartanburg for you, you ask?
Leadership Spartanburg is for anyone who has looked around our county and felt inspired.
Leadership for anyone who wants to have a lot of fun meeting 40 other interesting, passionate people from all walks of life.
It’s for anyone who has noticed something in our neighborhoods that could be better and wanted to help fix the problem.
Leadership Spartanburg’s approach to community issues is open and honest about the good and the bad. Meetings will challenge you personally and professionally, but challenges are always framed to encourage realistic positive action.
Getting the most out of Leadership Spartanburg requires a long, thoughtful look around as you dig into the program of monthly meetings and experiential small-group learning projects.
The program is a backstage pass to our county – don’t wait to get to yours.
Leadership Spartanburg will prepare participants to work within their own community and the region as effective leaders capable of making decisions.
The main objectives of Leadership Spartanburg are to:
- Identify and select highly motivated, potential community leaders to participate in the program.
- Systematically challenge the participants to become aware of, examine, and respond to the social and economic needs of the community.
- Develop an esprit de corps among the participants, which will provide a common ground for working together on present and future community needs.
- Identify organizational and individual opportunities for community involvement and assist in the placement of participants.
Time commitment: An overnight opening retreat, followed by a nine-month curriculum from October through May that focuses on community information and issues.
Tuition: members: $1,595, non-members $1,995
- Civic Involvement
- Leadership Potential
- Diversity Perspective
- Commitment to the Leadership Program and the community
- Opening Retreat / Team Building
- Spartanburg's History & Where We're Headed
- Fostering Spartanburg's Educational Attainment
- Spartanburg's Community Issues: Challenges & Successes
- Building on Spartanburg County's Economic Excellence
- Utilizing Local Talent to Promote Community Cohesion
- Realizing the Potential of Spartanburg's Quality of Life & Cultural Assets
- Nourishing Our Health & Wellness: Impacting the Local Communities